Electrical Home Safety Nanaimo
Keep your home safe from the hazards of an old electrical panel or faulty wiring by hiring an electrician to conduct an electrical safety inspection. The Comfort Group has been conducting home inspections for years, providing the Nanaimo Area homeowners with peace of mind knowing their electrical systems are in good condition.
Whether you recently moved into a new home and want to make sure the electrical system is in top-notch shape, or you’ve been living in your home for decades and feel it’s time, The Comfort Group can have a technician at your home in no time.
In addition to electrical home safety inspections, we are also pleased to offer electrical protection plans to all the Nanaimo Area homeowners. These proactive home maintenance plans are a fantastic first step towards protecting your home.
Get an electrical safety inspection for your Nanaimo Area home
Vancouver Island Area homeowners may not realize just how many electrical safety hazards can be present in a home. Some of the most common hazards are as follows:
- Faulty wiring: Quality electrical wiring that conforms to local safety standards is crucial to ensuring a safe home. If you begin to notice the telltale signs of faulty wiring, such as dimming or flickering lights, scorch marks on outlets, a warm or hot electrical panel, or a frequently tripped breaker, contact a reputable electrician as soon as possible. In addition, if you notice a damaged, corroded, or worn electrical wire, this could also be a hazard and should be looked at by a professional.
- Light bulbs: Believe it or not, light bulbs are a common electrical safety hazard for two reasons. First, installing a light bulb with the wrong wattage can be dangerous. So before you install a fresh bulb, make sure the wattage is equal to or lesser than the maximum wattage of the lamp. Second, even if you install a light bulb with the correct wattage, it could still be a hazard if located near flammable materials, such as drapes, curtains, bed linens, or upholstery.
- Outlets located near water: Since water conducts electricity, power outlets should always be placed as far away from water sources as possible. Keep an eye on the location of the outlets in your kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room.
- Extension cords and power bars: Extension cords and power bars are potential hazards for two reasons. First, they can cause someone to trip if they are not tucked away neatly, and second, they can lead to an overloaded electrical panel, especially if your house’s electrical system is old.
- Wet hands: Handling electrical appliances with wet hands dramatically increases the odds of electric shock. So do yourself a favour and dry your hands before touching the hairdryer, coffee maker, air fryer, etc…
- Covered cords and wires: Covering cords and wires may cause them to overheat, which can lead to electrical fires.
Some steps that the Vancouver Island Area homeowners can take to avoid electrical safety hazards include drying your hands before handling appliances, leaving cords and wires uncovered, limiting your use of extension cords and power bars, ensuring light bulbs are the correct wattage and are not placed near flammable objects, and ensuring appliances are a safe distance from water sources. Last but not least, one of the top ways to ensure your home’s electrical safety is to schedule a regular home inspection with an electrician.
Electrical safety is vital to ensuring the overall safety of your Vancouver Island Area home. Why? Because an unsafe electrical system poses serious risks. For example, faulty writing can lead to power surges, overheated cords or wires can lead to electrical fires, and touching an appliance with wet hands can lead to electric shock or even electrocution. To keep yourself and your family members safe, take preventative measures like hiring an electrician to conduct an electrical safety inspection of your home.
The Comfort Group is the go-to HVAC company in the Nanaimo Area
Ready to ensure the safety of your home by booking an electrical inspection? The Comfort Group has got your back. We are the leading HVAC company in the Nanaimo Area and have been providing homeowners with electrical home safety inspections for years.
At the end of the day, you can always trust The Comfort Group to provide safe, stress-free, and professional quality home electrical safety inspections. What are you waiting for? Give us a call today to learn more about our electrical home safety services and receive a free estimate on your inspection.